The last few years have brought upon many celebrated achievements in Royal Wood’s career. Since being proclaimed the “Songwriter of the Year”, by iTunes in 2008, Wood has continued to evolve and hone his musical craft – maintaining an unmistakable identity while uncovering and reinventing his sound.
Proclaimed a prolific songwriter and one of Canada’s major talents by critics, fans and the industry alike, Wood released his 5th studio album “The Burning Bright” to debut in the Top 30 Canadian Chart. The album registered a number of firsts for Wood, whose chart-topping 2012 release, the JUNO Award nominated We Were Born To Glory, firmly established him as one of the country’s most accomplished alt-pop singer/songwriters, producers, arrangers and multi-instrumentalists.
His single “Forever and Ever” was the #1 added song at HOT AC Radio in Canada and a Top 20 hit on CBC Radio 2. Making its debut in the fall of 2013 the track reached Top 5 on the iTunes Singer/Songwriter Chart and was chosen by the LCBO as the theme song for SHINE [Ontario], their largest annual promotion and marketing campaign.
His music has also been featured in several TV and Film productions, including major television shows like Grey’s Anatomy and Private Practice, bringing his sound to a variety of audiences.
Greatly admired, Wood’s records have been released worldwide on Maple Music Recordings/Universal, Rounder Europe and Toy Town Records in the UK, and he has successfully toured in Canada, USA, Germany, France, The Netherlands, Switzerland, UK, Ireland and Italy. Wood has also supported national tours with David Gray, Sarah Harmer and Serena Ryder and has headlined venues across the world – selling out dates along the way.
- 2014 No 1 added single HOT AC Radio – “Forever and Ever”
- 2014 Album “Burning Bright” debuted in the Canadian Top 30
- 2014 CBC Music Awards Nomination – Album of the Year “THE BURNING BRIGHT”
- 2013 Juno Nomination – Adult Alternative Album of the Year “WE WERE BORN TO GLORY”
- 2013 Finalist in “International Songwriting Competition” with “I Want Your Love”
- 2012 Album “We Were Born To Glory” debuted in the Canadian Top 25
- 2011 Juno Nomination – Songwriter of the Year
- 2010 CBC Radio 2 – Top album 2010
- 2010 ITunes – Rewind Top Pop Single Pick
- 2010 ITunes – Rewind Top Pop Album Pick
- 2008 iTunes – Songwriter of the Year Pick